Diploma in Automobile Engineering -24 Seats
The automobile Engineering is genuine field in the engineering and technology sector. Many people in the world have been given emphasis for the broader application of automobile. This sector has been helping the world for the overall development and it has been creating wage and self employment opportunities both in public and private sectors. This curriculum is designed with the purpose of producing middle level technical human resources equipped with knowledge and skills related to automobile engineering so as to meet the demand of such workforce in the country to contribute in the national economic development of Nepal. The knowledge and skills incorporated in this curriculum will be helpful to deliver the individual needs as well national needs in the field of automobile engineering. This course is based on the job required to perform by an automobile technician at different related industries and organizations in Nepal and abroad. The Diploma in Automobile Engineering program extends over three years. Each year is divided into two semesters. There are six semesters in total within the period of three years. This curriculum includes the core subjects like physics, chemistry, and mathematics applicable in the field of auto-mechanical engineering. It also includes language subjects like Nepali and English applicable for the communication in the field of automobile. The second year course focuses on the basic disciplinary subjects of Automobile Engineering. Similarly, third year comprises of the disciplinary subjects of Automobile Engineering. It also has provision of elective subjects in the specific areas of automobile engineering. The course structure and the subject wise contents that follow reflect the details of this curriculum. In short, this curriculum guides its implementers to produce competent and highly employable middle level technical workforce in the field of automobile engineering. The contents of individual subjects prescribed in the curriculum are incorporated in the light of "must to know and must to do" principle.
The program aims to produce mid-level technical human resource equipped with knowledge and skills in allied field of study.
• Prepare mid-level competent workforce in the related field.
• Prepare such technicians who are able to work in the automobile sector related local workshop and industrial settings of the country.
• Meet the demand of such technical workforce for the automobile industries of Nepal. • Reduce the dependence on employing such technicians from foreign countries.
• Prepare technical workforce demonstrating positive attitude and respect for the profession and socio-cultural values.
• Create self-employment opportunities.
The group size is a maximum of 24 students.
• SLC pass or SEE as per the provisions mentioned in the admission guidelines of Office of the Controller of Examinations, CTEVT.
• Pre-diploma in related subject or equivalent with minimum 68.33%.
• Pass entrance examination administered by CTEVT. Duration The total duration of this curricular program is three academic years [six semesters]. The program is based on semester system. Moreover, one semester consists of 19.5 academic weeks including evaluation period. Actual teaching learning Hrs. will be not less than 15 weeks in each semester.